Finding the Right Medical Malpractice Lawyer for Your Case
Navigating the complex legal system can be daunting, especially in cases of medical malpractice. It is crucial to hire a medical malpractice lawyer who is knowledgeable and experienced in medical malpractice law.
At the Law Offices of G. Oliver Koppell & Associates, we understand the stress that medical malpractice victims go through and have the skill and expertise to provide the best legal representation for your case.
What We Do as Medical Malpractice Lawyers
A medical malpractice lawyer is an attorney who specializes in helping those who have endured injury under the care of a doctor or hospital. Medical malpractice is shockingly common and, if tracked, would be the third leading cause of death in the US. As medical malpractice lawsuits can be very technical and demanding, it is critical to select a lawyer with certain qualities:
· Legal Knowledge. To be able to handle a 3-5 year-long case and keep it advancing
· Medical Awareness. To grasp the events that broke the rules and caused the injury
· Experience. Including familiarity with taking a case from start to trial
It is important to remain aware that the attainable settlements often result from a lawyer’s readiness to take the case to trial and beyond.
At the Law Offices of G. Oliver Koppell & Associates, we offer services that include:
· Surgical errors
· Misdiagnosis or failure to diagnose
· Prescription drug errors
· Birth errors
It is vital to act quickly as medical malpractice cases often have strict statutes of limitations.
What Happens with a Medical Malpractice Case?
To prove medical negligence in a malpractice case, the following elements must be established:
· Duty of care. The medical professional in question had a legal obligation to provide care that meets established standards consistent with the care that a similarly qualified peer would have provided. To establish this, the attorney may review the medical records and conduct interviews (called depositions) to understand the specifics of the care that was given and what should have been given in the case.
· Breach of duty. The medical professional failed to provide the required level of care.
· Causation. The breach of duty was the cause of the patient’s injury.
· Damages. The injury resulted in significant harm, such as loss of income, additional medical care, costs associated with adapting to the injury, and pain and suffering.
To support their case, medical malpractice attorneys may work with medical experts and gather evidence through research and independent medical examinations.
The best lawyers will keep their clients informed and involved throughout the process.
We Are Here to Help
Medical malpractice is a complicated area of law. Before you begin a medical malpractice lawsuit, New York law requires that you obtain an expert opinion stating that your treatment did not meet the standard of care. The medical malpractice lawyers at the Law Offices of G. Koppell & Associates are determined to ensure justice and fair settlements for their clients. We are vigorous, skilled litigators who will pursue malpractice claims from initial discovery through depositions and trials.
Based in New York, we serve all of NYC, Yonkers, Nassau, Westchester, and the surrounding communities.
The Law Offices of G. Oliver Koppell & Associates—Experienced Legal Leadership