Hiring a Construction Accident Lawyer in New York
Construction sites are dangerous places because of the physical exertion required by the workers. Construction personnel interacts daily with heavy machinery and work beside busy roadways. Because of the nature of their trade, the workers face a substantial injury risk. If you are injured at a work site, you will be subjected to significant medical difficulties, persistent pain from the injury, and financial constraints while getting treatment and running up medical expenditures. The good news is that the law protects workers injured at construction sites.
Common Causes of Construction Worker Injuries
A construction site is not a comfortable place. Workers are subjected to extreme weather conditions and equipment that endangers their life; they are almost always in a hazardous environment. Here are some common injuries that happen at construction sites:
· Falling from height point. Workers can fall off the ladder and injure themselves due to a sudden slip or even the ladder breaking down while a worker is on top of it. Such injuries could be very hazardous as they could even result in spinal cord injuries, trauma or even being permanently disabled.
· Working with faulty and hazardous equipment. The equipment used at the construction site is very heavy and poorly maintained which could result in injuries during operations.
· Electrocution and fire. Workers might be electrocuted while trying to fix electricity at the construction site or due to naked wires recklessly placed.
· Falling objects. When the construction materials are not properly installed, they might fall and harm people on the ground.
What to Do If You Are Injured at a Construction Site
· Check on the intensity of your injury and then seek medical attention
· Report your workplace accident to your employer. Employers working at a construction site always have a plan for handling accidents in case they occur. That plan should detail the medical plan for the injured person.
· Ensure you are compensated for your accident
· Get legal advice more so if you were injured due to someone else negligence as you might have a valid legal claim against the victim’s party
We Are Here to Help
Accidents are a side effect of life, and they happen when least expected. If you or a loved one has been involved in a construction accident, the lawyers at the Law Offices of G. Koppell & Associates can help. If you have been injured at a construction site, you should promptly seek legal help. The construction accident lawyers at the Law Offices of G. Koppell & Associates are determined to ensure justice and fair settlements for their clients. Call us at (212) 867-3838 for a FREE consultation or use our online contact form. You can also visit our offices at 99 Park Ave, Suite 1100, New York, NY 10016.
Based in New York, we serve all of NYC, Yonkers, Nassau, Westchester, and the surrounding communities.
The Law Offices of G. Oliver Koppell & Associates—Experienced Legal Leadership