Bicycle Accident Lawyer: The Compensation You Could Get
If you were injured in a bicycle accident, you may be eligible for compensation. While you might be overwhelmed with rising medical bills and lost wages due to the injury, understanding what you could be entitled to is the first step.
The Law Offices of G. Oliver Koppell & Associates are here to provide you with all the legal advice and services you need in a bicycle accident case.
Based in New York, we serve all of NYC, Yonkers, Nassau, Westchester, and the surrounding communities to ensure you get the compensation you deserve. We and our clients are proud of our results and hope to help you as well.
What Are Your Bicycle Accident Injury Compensation Rights?
Depending on the severity of your injuries, your compensation rights may include:
- Medical Expenses, such as hospital bills, physician charges, medical equipment, physical therapy, and more.
- Lost Wages in case you have taken significant time off work due to your injury.
- Property Damage to your bicycle and other personal property.
It is essential to keep an accurate record of all expenses resulting from the injury to properly evaluate the amount of compensation owed to you as the victim.
How Will a Bicycle Accident Lawyer Help Me?
We are well established and have a long record of successful settlements in cases ranging from personal injury, commercial cases, and consumer class action. For a bicycle accident case, the services include:
- Discussing accident details. These include evaluating the case, the injuries and damages sustained, and their impact on the client.
- Investigating the case and gathering evidence. Depending on the severity of the case, we can investigate on our own or hire experts. This involves returning to the accident scene, taking pictures, interviewing witnesses, getting copies of medical records and the crash report, and examining the damages.
- Notifying involved parties. We notify the other party involved in the accident and their insurance company, so they know the lawyer is representing the client.
- Sending the demand letter. We send a demand letter to the insurance company with details about the accident and what financial compensation is being sought.
- Handling the insurance companies. We will handle all communication with the insurance company, so they can prevent the insurer from taking advantage of their client.
- Preparing for trial (if necessary). We will negotiate with the insurance company for a fair settlement. If unsuccessful, we will file a lawsuit and represent the client in the litigation.
Prevention Is Better than Cure: Preventing Bicycle Accidents
Always take precautions to reduce the risk or severity of a bicycle accident or injury while riding. Always remember to wear a helmet and other protective gear, ride at a safe speed, beware of your surroundings, watch out for hazards, keep your bike in good condition, and use reflectors and lights.
These will eliminate or reduce liabilities in the case of a bicycle accident and most importantly, keep you safe.
We Are Here to Help
The bicycle accident lawyers at the Law Offices of G. Koppell & Associates are determined to ensure justice and fair settlements for their clients. Call us at (212) 867-3838 for a FREE consultation or use our online contact form. You can also visit our offices at 99 Park Ave, Suite 1100, New York, NY 10016.
The Law Offices of G. Oliver Koppell & Associates—Experienced Legal Leadership